Thursday, October 7, 2010

Family

DD and I went back to Raub last weekend. Grandma greeted us by saying, “I thought you say you’re not coming back”. I nonchalantly reply, “No, but I’m back.” And I know she is just happy that we are back to (sort of) accompany her. I noticed that she is getting thinner each day but at least her legs are stronger. She can walk (with the frame/stick) by herself. I’m so happy for her. At least she is not that weak as what I presume. Partly also thanks to the masseur that came to massage her, free of charged. Kind neighbors will come and talk to her every day. There are still kind hearted people around.


The whole family members except dad went to dinner at restaurant last Sunday. Dad couldn’t go because he had diarrhea. Traditionally, Wong’s family never eats at restaurant except during CNY or wedding dinner. This time we all went because DD treat. Too bad that dad can’t eat. Well, to think about it, it was the first time DD had the chance to foot the bill. Usually, my dad won’t allow others to foot his bill.

And then yesterday, Mom called and told us that Dad is now at Sentosa Medical Centre. His diarrhea turns out to be appendicitis. Meiyun, DD and I rush to hospital to see him. We got lost on the way and strand ourselves at KL city. When we reached, he was soundly asleep. Snore as well. We woke him up and chat a while. I bet he don’t understand a single thing we said as he don’t seems to respond the question correctly. I guess that anesthesia still strong.

Apparently, Dad drove to KL with his worker to the hospital. His worker didn’t send him as he didn’t know how to drive my dad’s car. If I didn’t hear it from Mom, I wouldn’t believe he actually did that. How can you drive your car for 2 hour when you’re in pain? Upon knowing this, I was actually disappointed with my lil bro. He was at home for holiday and yet he didn’t drive. But then I dare not ask Mom as she is so worried about Dad when she called. It makes me felt so sad and bad for not being there when they need us. What’s the meaning of being family when you can’t be there when they need you the most?

0 comments:

Post a Comment