Friday, June 25, 2010

Book talk

The day before yesterday, I receive a call from mph. I did online purchase the other day. They inform me that I might not be able to receive my book on time on Sept as one of the book that I order is currently out of stock and re-order need to take 5-6 weeks time. And she mention that since they only do one time shipment, I have not choice but to accept the fact that I can’t get my book until probably Oct. wtf. I guess by the time I receive my books, probably I would have totally forgot about this purchase.

I’ve just finished reading The Gift by Cecilia Ahern. Unpredictable ending but still it’s a nice book. The summary excerpt online: This is a story about people who not unlike parcels, hide secrets. They cover themselves in layers until the right person unwraps them and discovers what's inside.Sometimes you have to be unravelled in order to find out who you really are. For Lou Suffern, that took time. I have the whole collection of Cecilia books and waiting for discounted price for her latest book, The Book of Tomorrow. In case she doesn’t sound familiar to you, she is the writer of the book P.S. I Love You, which later being adapted into film with the same name, starred Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler (how come he so handsome de?). I read the book before I watch the movie. I still prefer plot written rather than filmed. Of all the books by Cecelia, I love Where Rainbows End. I love the way she arrange the plot of the story. Must read!!


Currently, I resume my reading on Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell. Reason why I stop halfway is because I find it hard to understand a lot of terms he used in the book. It is not a book that I would usually buy but no harm reading something new. My usual purchase would be chic lit. J Ok, the actual reason I bought it because I can get 2nd book 50% discount. I know I know.

I bought the completed collection for Shopaholic series during the MPH Book Fare even though I have read the book. Well, you might not know when you are damn freaking free and feel like re-read again. You will never wanted to put down the books even you re-read them. Addicted to Sophie Kinsella’s books. Can’t wait for the new mini-Shopaholic.

This is also quite random. I have no idea why I bought his book. Mitch Albom. I read The Five People You Meet in Heaven before reading his best seller, which later adapted to film Tuesdays with Moorie. Tuesdays with Morrie is based on his real life story with his dear professor. I learned a lot of lesson bout life and death from reading this. Mitch’s writing style mostly touches on life, death matters. Highly recommended to read when you are in emo state. It did help me to see things in different perspective.






Lastly, I’m gonna talk about my Sidney Sheldon collection. I have successfully bought the whole collection. I love all the books. He is a superb writer. Must READ!! But unfortunately, that sickening, idiotic, irresponsible, fugly, lazy, liar ex-housemate lost one of my books and ruins my perfect complete collection. She denied that when I confronted her. She even lost my One Tree Hill Season 2. I have no idea why this kind of sickening asshole exsist in this world. Called herself professional that work in PWC? Puik. Just like a parasite to the company, the whole Malaysia, the whole world and universe.

My next book in my to read list is Dan Brown, Deception Point. Hopefully I can understand and like his book. Then I can buy the whole collection as well. The reason I bought the book is because I like the movie Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demon. Well, hopefully that his books are as good as the movies. Can’t wait.

Anyway, Shoni recommended The Fidelity Files by Jessica Brody. I read the first chapter online and felt in love instantly. Since Shoni have the book, I’m going to borrow from her. Besides, there is a sequel for this book, The Good Girl’s Guide to Bad Man. Without thinking twice, I bought this book online. But damn. This is the book that out of stock and need to re-order and caused the books delivery schedule to be delayed. Arrgghh. Somehow, Jessica has another new book, The Karma Club. I almost order it from Betterworldbooks. The whole book cost including delivery only approximately RM70++. I’m not sure if it’s cheap but usually new book price for best selling books about the same. DD forbids me to buy it and ask me to wait till it release in M’sia. If the price is the same as the online price plus delivery, I’m going to kill him. lol. He means good as I’m impulsive buyer who can’t seem to accept the fact that I’m actually in huge debt.
As I was freaking free, I come across a book with funny title. Skinny Bastard: A Kick-in-the-ass for Real Men Who Want to Stop Being Fat & Start Getting Buff. Don't you think it's funny? I was actually thinking, this must be a good book. Shall I??

0 comments:

Post a Comment