Thursday, May 28, 2009

Duan Wu Festival

Secret of the day...


Today is the 5th day of the 5th lunar month in Chinese Calendar, where the Chinese celebrated Duan Wu Festival. The focus of the celebrations includes eating zongzi, which are large rice wraps, drinking realgar winde, and racing dragon boats.

I have zongzi (glutinuous rice dumpling) for my lunch, which my mom bought last Sunday. Every year, my grandma will make zongzi for us to eat and her zongzi is the best. Best because it's nothing like the one we bought outside. She make "special" zong for us, which the only ingrediant inside is pork. I don't like the beans.

Unfortunately, this year I couldn't eat the special zong as my grandma still recovering from dengue. My grandma zongzi usually in pillow shape. All the while, before I went out to study in Malacca or work in KL, I never knew that there is other shape for zongzi. It seems like the common one are pyramid shape. So, when I brought the pillow shape zongzi to my friends and colleague, they were kind of surprise and impress. Hmmm.... I miss my special zongzi.

1 comments:

JeanPCLee said...

I also wan to eat.....looks delicious..

Hope your grandma recover soon...

Post a Comment